Welcome

The CoolRVers were actually a couple of retirees, Judy and Luke Rinehimer and their rescue German Shepherd dog, Miss Shady Lady. We were "extended-time" travelers for many years with a homebase in Cool, California for 40 years. Luke passed away in May 2019 and I continued to RV. Many followed along with our travels throughout North America in our 40' "rolling condo" and our later downsized Class C motorhome, enjoying the RV lifestyle. Your comments are always welcomed.


Click photos to view the images enlarged. Use your BACK arrow to return to the blog.





Tuesday, April 18, 2017

"O" IS FOR ORGANIZATION (#AtoZChallenge)

I am a life-long organizer so I was looking forward for today's letter of the day "O" in the Bloggers A to Z Challenge:  "O" IS FOR ORGANIZATION.


OH, HOW I LOVE PROJECTS

Give me a project and I'll give you a detailed plan, often captured in a 3-ring, loose leaf binder with its own cover!  Here are a couple of examples:

For years I have created reference binders for RV rallies.  Sections include information about attendees, Excel-created grids with detailed schedules, and local tourist information.


CARRY BAGS GALORE

What do you do with all the sponsored cloth carry bags you collect?  Yes, many cloth bags are in my car for grocery store trips for "no plastic bags" areas, but the rest carry my "stuff".
These are the cloth carry bags I brought in from the motorhome when we got to our stick house.  The goal is to sort and clean them out so I can use our recycling can.  This means the RV will be on a diet, weighing less when we take off again!


ORGANIZED MEDICAL INFORMATION

As RVers we need to have our medical information with us wherever we travel.  Yes, much of the data is stored in electronic forms on USBs or in the "cloud" but many facilities will NOT insert your storage devices into their equipment for fear of electronic viruses.  We each have a carry bag with larger binders containing our Kaiser medical summaries, prescription data sheets, lab reports and blood sugar and blood pressure testing data.  Then there are smaller binders for special procedures and conditions.  These binders track my Valley Fever condition since 2011, Luke's current Glaucoma condition and his recent surgery for Bladder Stones!  N0, not posting procedure photos!!!
 

FINANCIAL RECORDS

Luke is a wizard when it comes to documenting every credit card, check, or investment transaction in Quicken software. His data files goes back to 1994!  There are times, however, when the printed copies of insurances, veterinary records, technoloogy paperwork, etc. must be available at home or on the road.  A traditional filing box supplements the filing drawer in the RV office setup.  We also maintain a traveling "fire safe" and another fire safe at home.


I AM A PROFESSIONAL

Don't laugh!  I actually have a Masters degree in "Human Resources and Organization
Development" from the University of San Francisco! This field of study has trained me to evaluate the health of an organization and offer my assistance in various roles. I can assist groups with communications, practices and procedures, and can troubleshoot problems with their internal structures and external "stakeholders".  

Watch out, I am also a trained "facilitator"!  I can wield multiple felt tip marker pens in one hand while capturing group thoughts in alternating colors on butcher paper easels.  

RVers who have attended any of my rallies will now understand why my announcement WHITE BOARDS are so organized and updated in multiple colors! It's what I enjoy doing.  :-)  I try to live an ORGANIZED LIFE!



BE SURE TO GOOGLE SEARCH THE OTHER BLOGGERS PARTICIPATING IN THE "#A TO Z CHALLENGE"


WEDNESDAY:  "p STANDS FOR ________"





No comments: